Saturday, May 19, 2007

Bunches of stuff!

I do love being a mom. It's totally true. I didn't know how I would adjust, but there's really been no adjustment. I just love her totally and completely. I guess I didn't maybe know how much until yesterday.....

Those that know me know that I am relatively level-headed. Sometimes I get worked up about stuff, but I do tend to be more laid back. Work rarely gets me down, and I never do more than is totally necessary(while still doing a good job, I mean). I usually don't get too upset about things and tend to give people the benefit of the doubt(like silly drivers and kiddos who get under my skin). Well yesterday was different.

My day started off pretty normal. I went to Mesquite to my old school to eat lunch with some buddies. I was actually heading to my current school when it happened. I was on 635. The guy in front of me stopped. Then I stopped...but the guy behind me was just going too fast. He wasn't able to stop. He slammed into me, and I slammed into the guy in front of me. It was awful. I immediately freaked out because Maggie was with me. She was screaming her head off. I got out and went to her. The guy in front of me called for the police. Then the paramedics, firemen and police showed up. I was shaky and crying. Anyway, both of us are all right. I am plenty sore, but we took Maggie to get checked and all is well. Thank goodness for a good carseat. Of course, I now don't have a car. It was taken away on a tow truck. Most of all it was just too scary. We got a new carseat...just in case. Now I am pretty much scared to have her out of my sight. I am scared of driving. I am scared of other drivers. I am a mess.

I guess my point is to hug everyone you know everyday and tell them you love them. Scary things can happen. I am just soooooooooo glad that Maggie is okay. It didn't matter if I had been injured.... She was all right. Now I do know how much I love her. And I love all of you that read this!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, you can submit your receipt to that guys insurance company to reimburse you for the car seat. It's the law that they have to replace it b/c car seats are to be replaced after an accident..just an FYI!
Glad that you guys are both safe...
JC

CFH said...

I cannot believe you didn't tell me this!!! I am so glad you are both okay!!!

Love you!!
C