Thursday, September 27, 2007

TARANTULA....run for your lives!


I'm starting to think I'm never going to have a normal day at school. We were on our way outside to recess when we saw a tarantula prancing in the hall of our school building. Ummmm...hello! He wasn't exactly huge, but he was pretty good-sized. My whole fourth grade team of teachers kind of freaked out a little, and the kids, of course, want to get as close as possible. Ummm...hello again! Tarantulas jump! I've seen it, and it's scary. Sooooo....we put a trash can over it. That's right...a trash can. We were going to have the office dispose of it, but I felt kind of bad about it. It's not like he WANTED to come in the school. I mean who does??! :o) We decided to scoot the trash can to get him outside. However problems arose getting him over the lip of the doorway. Shashi(one of my team members) then got crazy with that spider. She was smacking the trash can down behind him to get him to go. He resisted, but we finally got him in the grass...hopefully to kill lots of bugs....OUTSIDE where he belongs.

On another note, Maggie has been having rice cereal for almost a week. She just has it once a day, and she likes it okay. I like that the daycare is the one giving it to her. Ha ha! No messes here. Actually she's not that messy. The very first time that she had it was priceless though. She made the funniest face....like what in the heck is that!!?? Enjoy the pics...my baby is growing up!!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Best baby ever. Hands down. Love you!

Kaylane said...

I'm so glad that she is liking the cereal! I haven't ventured down that road yet......