Monday, August 14, 2006

1 day down, 1 million to go!

It's actually over already. Yep, the first day of school has come and gone. It was a good one, I have to say. My kiddos are fun, and they seem to be willing to discuss things. I think that's a good sign for day one. I saw a few signs of those who will be more difficult, but I have done this for 9 years. It's nothing a good whuppin' wouldn't fix! Just kidding. Corporal punishment is a thing of the past....unfortunately. Over the years I've come to the conclusion that a bit of spanking and possibly a soapy mouth would fix most problems. Of course, CPS kind of frowns on this kind of thing, so there you go! I doubt, when I'm a parent, that I'd be in for the spanking and the soapy mouth either. However, there is another option. Let your children have a bit of healthy fear. I LOVE my dad, and he spoiled me rotten. BUT I knew there was a line....and one step across would mean BAD things. Those bad things never came to pass since I kept a toe always in place, but I knew where the line was. All that to say that I think I have a great class! Fun times are full steam ahead. Woo woo!

No comments: