Tuesday, August 08, 2006

So much going on....

Aaron and I have been super busy lately....it's all good stuff, but still busy! This past weekend we went to a going away party for some great friends of ours: Caroline and Matt. It was fun. I sure hope the huge picture that we took turns out great. I'd like a copy of it myself! Anyway, we love y'all and are excited for you going to D.C. They're pretty lucky up there to get such a wonderful couple!!

And on to other news....our church is putting together backpacks for kids at a couple of different schools. Well, this was meant to be a small group activity, but that's not really happening right now. We didn't meet this last week, and this week is our branching out. So Aaron and I decided to take this on ourselves. Aaron didn't think it would be a big deal, but I thought differently. I was sooooo right. Those 4th and 5th grade teachers at the school that shall not be named are PSYCHO! I couldn't believe what was on their list. And this is an underprivileged school??? WHATEVER! I work at a school like that, and we certainly don't ask for all that stuff. What are they thinking?!! Aaron and I had to go to like 4 different stores to get all the stuff, and it has cost a bundle. It's not about the money. The church is taking care of that. It's just the principle of the thing!!! Okay, enough ranting and raving. I've been driving Aaron crazy with all my talk about it!

We went back to school today, and it was all right. I always think the first days back are boring, but that's just the way it is. I'm still pretty excited about the first day, but I'm a little worried about some of our other teachers. I won't go into it, but I'm just worried. Hopefully they'll get it all figured out, and it will be wonderful. My fingers are crossed.

Have you ever just wished that other people were a little more organized? I know that I have. It's not like I'm always organized, but I'm pretty good about getting people what they need in a relatively timely fashion. Aaron and I are going somewhere this weekend, and we don't know any details. Driving me crazy! I am a planner, and I NEED TO KNOW! Happiness is a plan about a month in advance. :o)

Happy trails!

1 comment:

CFH said...

i agree about the plan... unfortunately it seldom works that way! :)