Saturday, February 24, 2007

Things you should NEVER say to someone pregnant.....

1. Are you having twins?
2. Wow! You're really getting big.
3. That must be a big baby!
4. Are you due soon?
5. Will you be able to fit behind your steering wheel to drive?
6. You look really tired.
7. How much weight have you gained?
8. Should you be eating/drinking that?
9. That's not really good for the baby.
10. I don't think you're going to make it to your due date.

Okay people out there. There is NOTHING nice about any of these things. Perhaps you think you're being helpful. Perhaps you just like to comment on everything. Perhaps your mouth opened before your brain kicked in. I don't know, but none of these things make a pregnant woman feel good. Remember if you don't have something nice to say.......

Any yes, I have have almost all of these things said to me at one time or another. I really haven't lashed out, but it's mostly because I have no idea what to say. I assume that people are not trying to be hurtful, but still.....it does hurt.

And for all the people who have been so supportive and said REALLY nice things, you are loved and appreciated more than you know.

4 weeks to go!

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I canNOT wait to see your precious baby. As for those people who say mean things...they're hoes and I'll kick their butt. Just tell me when. :) Love you!

Liz*** said...

Just wait until the baby comes and perfect strangers come up to you and tell you what you should and shouldn't be doing with your baby. I had one lady at Target ask me, "What are you doing with that baby out? You take him home now and put him to bed."

Oh and I also had STRANGERS ask if they could hold him while trying to take him from me! Uh no thanks, people!