Tuesday, October 30, 2007

First real sickness....

Maggie got sick yesterday. I picked her up from daycare, and she was crying and carrying on like I've never seen. Well, she had totally pooed, so they changed her before we left. When I picked her up, she was really hot. I figured that I'd take her temp as soon as I got home. I walked in with her and walked into her nursery. She got this strange look on her face and was kind of gulping. I totally knew that she was about to throw up, but I just wasn't fast enough. Yep! She threw up ALL OVER ME. EWWWWWWW! She freaked out. I got her changed and got myself changed. Then I took her temp, and sure enough she had one. We decided to take a nap after getting some meds. She was okay after that. This morning she woke up still having a temp, so I stayed home with her. She's been cranky but seems okay. It wasn't too traumatic, but it is sad to have a sick baby. Plus they had school pictures today which she missed at daycare. It made me really sad to miss that. Whatever.... Here's some pics...

5 comments:

Kelli said...

She's still the cutest baby in the world, even if she's puking. :)

Rebekah said...

Poor baby- thankfully, I've only had to deal with that one time each with my girls, but it is not fun. :( I'll say a prayer for sweet Maggie tonight. See you tomorrow!

Angela said...

Poor sweet girl! I hope she is feeling better. Beckham has had a little cold this week and was REALLY cranky on Sunday. A bath always helps to calm hm down. So I thought how fun it would be to take a bath with him. So he played for a little bit and after about 10 minutes, YAK...sweet potatoes and apples all in our bath water!! YUCK!!! Needless to say, bath time was over!

Liz*** said...

Kamryn has that exact thing right now. Her pediatrician says that is going around. It's her first sickness too and it's killing me that I can't fix it. Look out, it's worked it's way though our fam...she is the last to get it and it's NOT fun! I hope Maggie gets over it soon! Poor thing. I feel for both of you!

Kaylane said...

I guess I'll be calling you shortly when I get a call at work about Ella! :) We haven't had to experience that yet....thank goodness! But David is at home in bed today with a sick belly.....and that might be just as bad as a sick 5 month old!