Friday, October 19, 2007

The State Fair rocks!

I have to admit that we got off to a rocky start. We went last Saturday around 11:00, and there was TONS of traffic getting there. Now those of you that know my husband know that he does not enjoy traffic. I thought he was going to turn the car around and just head home. Seriously! In the car, he is just like my dad. Anyway....we finally got there and parked. It was HOT, and people were everywhere. (Note to self...do not go on Saturday again.) We got to bypass the huge ticket-buying line thanks to my parents(they gave us a ticket) and made it in. We started with the dog show thing where they jump in the water and catch frisbees and such. Now I like this one. I've seen it before, but I have to say that I was disappointed that the pig races weren't until much later. I knew we'd never be there that long, and I really like the pig races. I don't know why. There's just something funny about it. Maggie wasn't too impressed with the dogs and did a lot of screaming. Gotta love it! After the dog show we got our foot long corn dog. HEAVEN! I only like corn dogs at the fair. They are so yummy. We plodded over to the car stuff. Maggie fell asleep, and I spent most of my time looking at mini vans. That's right, people. I said mini vans. When #2 comes along, I'm getting one. I'm not ashamed. I need convenience...and doors that open all by themselves. I got my fried cheesecake after that. We took some pics and went to the butterfly exhibit. This was neat, and I think Maggie liked seeing the butterflies. However, it was as hot as HADES in there. Sweat poured!! It was a greenhouse on the sun. Oh well! I still loved it. Enjoy the pics....

4 comments:

Angela said...

No shame, girl! I have totally thought about the mini van. They are SO nice these days! Although, I am not so sure I am quite ready fo rone yet. Maybe when the kiddos are in soccer and gymnastics, etc...

Jennifer said...

Oh Becky. I have to admit, mini vans can be quite nice. I'm just not sure that I could actually bring myself to get one. But, I applaud you for your willingness to be open about such an embarassing desire. ;-)

Rebekah said...

So cute! I'm glad ya'll had fun. I'm with you on the mini van thing too, but Jaron won't let us get one. We'll see in a few years if he feels the same way. :)

Holly O'Quinn said...

Way to go on the mini van. I am fully ready to embrace such a practical vehicle...but it's convincing Jason that will be the hard part. Seriously, these cars are a short woman's dream!!!!