Saturday, August 01, 2009

Fun in the sun and sand

We decided to take a family trip to Destin, Florida this year. We were there for a week with my parents, my sister and her fam, my cousin and her fam and my aunt. Yep, there were 9 adults and 6 kids in one huge house. Actually it was two big houses, and my parents and my aunt stayed in the 2nd house. It was wild and crazy but so fun. Now I have been to the beach before. I've been to beaches in Florida, California, Mexico and even a couple abroad. But I just wasn't prepared for how pretty the beach was. The sand was a beautiful white color. The water was so clear that you could see right down to your feet. It was lovely. It was kind of hard for Aaron and I to maneuver between the two kids on different nap schedules. Plus, Riley wasn't the biggest fan of the sand and ocean. I'm hoping that it will be better next year as we are planning to make it a yearly trip. I'm already looking forward to next year!!!



1 comment:

Brandy@YDK said...

oh my gosh so much fun.