Monday, August 17, 2009

So What Now???

Well, I'm now officially a stay at home mom. It's the first day for teachers around here to go back to school, and I'm at home. I'm not exactly sure I can express exactly how I feel about that. I'm excited to be home with my babies, but.... My job does give me some identity. I love what I do. I can honestly say that I made a difference when I went to work. I felt like I was pretty good at it. I enjoyed the excitement that was always there at the beginning of each year. I loved fixing up my room. I LOVED meeting my kids and their families. I had a lot of really good teacher friends. So now I'm in a funk. I'll stay busy and meet other mommies and their kids. I'll take the kiddos to fun places and teach them lots of things. I'll be more sure later, but I'm worried that I made the wrong choice for me. *sigh* I'm just really sad today. Any advice out there? I know that I should feel grateful that staying home is even an option for me, but I'm just antsy already.... All you teachers out there love on your students for me. I miss it....

4 comments:

Nichole said...

I was a teacher too! I took last year off and this year too! I plan on being out until my DS goes to school (or until #2 goes to school). The way I see it, you can always go back to work, but you cannot go back and spend all that one-on-one time with your baby. :o) That was way more important to me and helped me not miss the students as much! There will always be a new batch of students that are ready to meet you when you return to work when your little one is older! :o) Try to look at it that way! Hope that helps!

Brandy@YDK said...

I work full time and miss my little one every second of every day but I do like work and being an adult. so i have no advice. maybe just live in the moment?

Kaylane said...

You don't need to hear this, BUT, I'm going to say it anyways! :)

Just think about how AWESOME it is that God has given you the opportunity to stay at home with your girls. We're not at a place where I can do that just yet and mornings like today (when Ella cried and cried b/c I had to leave and go to work) just kill me! You have been blessed and so have your girls!

Ashley said...

Sure, mine is Kids Are Cool. I am in Lubbock though