Thursday, April 27, 2006

It's like I'm in the Twilight Zone!

Okay, my sister Khristy just emailed me to ask about whether she might like teaching 4th or 5th grade. Hmmmm....is there a giant meteor on the way to hit Earth? Is the sky really falling? Is there a flying pig going past my window right now? In other words, WHAT?? Is my sister REALLY thinking about teaching elementary? She taught middle school for a bit, and I thought she had lost her mind. I love teaching, but middle schoolers??! They are hormonal and more than a little cranky most of the time. Could it be that she is finally realizing that elementary students are, for the most part, sweet and try really hard? Maybe she has grown up :o) and wants to be just like her little sis! I'm sure that's it. Either way, I say go for it. It's fun. As kids of teachers, we've always known the benefits. Here's some advice though. DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TEACHING YOUR OWN CHILDREN. :o) Love you, K!

No comments: