Saturday, April 22, 2006

Two words.....Stephanie Plum....

For those of you out there who don't know who Stephanie Plum is, you're missing out. She's only the funniest book character out there in a series of books by Janet Evanovich. To give you an overview, she's an inept bounty hunter. She's totally in over her head in book after book, and many belly laughs ensue. Yes, it's true. I actually laugh out loud when I read these books. People stare at me strangely, but I don't care. We could all use more belly laughs. Here's what I think though....I want to BE Stephanie Plum. How many of us don't wish for my excitement in our day to day lives? I know that I do, and I don't even sit in a stupid cubicle all day. I want to carry around a gun and a taser thing. Of course, I really want this life without all the danger and all. I don't need anything blowing up or have to spend time trying to wrestle some naked dude into jail that's covered in Vaseline! Yep, so I want all the excitement with none of the danger. I'm sure that's why I just read instead. At heart, I'm just quite boring..... yep, I am. But one of these days.......

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I totally agree with you girl, to be Stephanie Plum would have both pros and cons. However, when something Plum-ish happens to me, or when I am left completely speechless and infuritated by someone, I realize how sorry I am to NOT own a stun gun. I need to invest in one of those things... Love ya!