Friday, April 21, 2006

Who in the world except us celebrates Earth Day?

Today is Earth Day at our school. It consists of us doing a packet about how we can help the Earth, eating our lunch outside, planting flowers in the outdoor learning center and a LOT of playing outside. My question is just this....is there anyone out there who actually celebrates this day?? The press never really talks about it. No one really seems to care. I'm not one of those tree hugger types, but perhaps more people should care. So, on that note, pick up some trash as you're walking from your car to the building...don't litter like always...plant a tree or a shrub or something. Seriously people! Get up and do something already! Now having stepped off my high horse I'll go and enjoy my day....and make sure I pick up my OWN trash!

No comments: