Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Harry Potter.........

Okay, JoeDan and Kelli took Aaron and me to see the Harry Potter preview last night. First of all, let me say that I really do miss going to the movies, and Aaron and I are going to try to do it more often. Now on to important things.......

I am really more than a little bit obsessed with the Harry Potter books and movies. When the movie actually started(after about 20 minutes of previews), I actually got tears in my eyes. It's like I'm seeing friends that I haven't seen in years, and I genuinely miss them. Sorry if you think that's weird, but that's always how I've been with books. The characters become my friends, and I miss them when they're gone. I won't bother with the plot since the book has been out for years and all, but this has been my favorite book for a long time. I reread it in anticipation of the movie, and I wasn't disappointed. The movie was good. It's never as good as the book, but that's to be expected. I try really hard not to expect too much because then I'm always disappointed. I believe that's pretty natural. But here are some things I liked and didn't like....( Kelli, I swear that I'm not copying you. :o))

Likes:
*still think they do a great job on the characters...I applaud their choices
*glad to see Neville looking a lot less goofy
*pleasantly surprised that I liked Snape in this one...even though he wasn't in it much
*interesting to already see Ginny looking all jealous...and glad she's getting so precious
*enjoyed Tonks but wanted bubble gum pink hair
*really liked the big battle scene even though it wasn't what I pictured
*Voldemort is super scary and icky to me...it's good to have a really BAD villain

Dislikes:
*I will never like this Dumbledore better than the first one. I know the first one died, but it's just how I feel.
*wanted to see how the DA couldn't see the thestrals and how weird that would be to ride on them when it was just like air to them
*like Kelli I was looking forward to seeing the fountain...come on people, it was right there!
*wanted more development on the people in the Order

I do want to say that I liked the movie. It was good. Now I am so waiting for the last book....

LIVE HARRY! LIVE!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I'm with you on HP. I am eagerly anticipating spending this entire weekend reading the last book. I truly believe that Snape is good...but I guess we will see! Matt and I saw the movie this weekend and I agree with your assessments. Miss you guys!