Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Why does work stink so badly?

While I am at work, I think about all the fun things that I could do if I wasn't at work. I'm sure all of you do the same. However, at least you people get to leave. I've decided the worst thing about teaching is that you are there ALL DAY! No leaving for lunch....well, not really. I could run down the street to Wendy's or something in the 30 minutes that I get for break, but let's be realistic. By the time I get my kids in the cafeteria and in the line, 5 minutes are gone. On a good day, I could get down there and back in 15 minutes. Well, now let's do the math. I'd have 10 minutes to eat. Doesn't that sound appealing?! NO??? Yeah, not to me either. Here's the even more horrible thing. On days like today when it's probably going to rain, I basically won't even get to leave my classroom. No outside recess. We'll have to stay in. All you people that take going to the bathroom for granted....Don't! I have to plan my restroom breaks. There's no leaving the room at all. So again, I'm thinking of all the fun things that I could do if I wasn't at work....go to the bathroom when I want, take an hour for lunch, go outside just to see the sun.....all FUN things!

So there! My job is worse than yours. Get over yourselves! :o)

1 comment:

Kelli said...

I disagree about "no leaving the room at all..." What about that time you got the runs and you HAD to leave the room or perish???